LAST DAY OF JUNE - STEAM & PS4
LEAD DESIGNER, PRODUCER, GAMEPLAY PROGRAMMER
Half of my duties as Lead Designer at Ovosonico consist of project management:
- Reviewing work of every department on a weekly basis
- Keeping a coherent vision throughout all departments
- Establishing and maintaining a proper scrum system
- Adapting documentation to the team's needs
- Assigning workload on a "personal growth" basis
- Hiring and interviews
The other half is composed of hands-on design tasks:
- Concept design and pitching to publishers
- Mechanic design to reflect the Creative Director's vision
- Cinematics and Gameplay direction
- Story writing and voice acting direction
- Level Design
- Trailer and Video Design
To help ship the project, I also took care of certain technical tasks:
- Program a Visual Scripting system (from scratch) to allow designers to create gameplay & puzzles
- Program Tools whenever I noticed the pipeline could be more efficient (Designers, Artists)
- Help the programmers' in establishing guidelines that would work across departments.
FRU - XBOX ONE
DESIGNER, PRODUCER, PROGRAMMER
In 2014 I co-founded a company to release an experimental game for Xbox One called FRU.
I co-designed the game and its experimental mechanics, taking care of finding design guidelines, outlining the "core" of the game to shape every design decision to follow.
Additionally, for two years I took care of the company's management, securing funding, organizing the production and anything PR.
The game was showcased at GDC, E3 and Gamescom, and has won awards at Casual Connect, AMAZE, Play Festival and the Dutch Game Awards.
FRU is currently holding an 84 of metacritic, with review highlights such as Destructoid's 9.5, Hardcore Gamer 9, IGN's 8.5.
Eurogamer gave FRU a rare "recommended", and Engadget, The Verge, Game Critics and Vice referred to it as "Kinect's killer app".
It is the highest rated camera-based game of all times, and it was Xbox One's highest rated exclusive of 2016.
ONE AND ONE STORY - FLASH
One and One Story was my first commercial game. Surprisingly, it held the title of fourth best puzzle game ever on the flash game portal Kongregate for three year.
It was a finalist at the prestigious IGF (Independent Game Festival) awards in 2011.
Secret of the wings
In 2012, Disney and Miniclip asked me to make an advergame for their movie "Secret of the Wings".
Unfortunately the game was taken offline, but can be shown on request.